Sunday, March 15, 2009

Getting Everything to "Work"

OK heres a little technology rant...

For anyone even pondering the possibility, even questioning for a second what kind of computer to buy no matter what the sale or what the special let the answer be perfectly clear:

Get a MAC

Seriously!  A while back I had some web projects and decided that i needed a new laptop to replace my struggling, out of date Powerbook G4, who by the way still works like a champ for my parents in Florida.  So I said "lemme get a cheapy PC" and I did for a little under $600 bucks. And so I had this great new fast duo core laptop ready to eat up the world....

Or not...

If I could add up the hours of troubleshooting vs. production, cursing Vista vs. making art, driver frustation vs creative bliss, it easily adds up to 10 Macbook Pros with real software.  If its not one thing its another...Zone Alarm cutting my internet connection, Nero disabling my DVD, Registry cleaners destroying my system...SO NOT WORTH IT!  Who knows how much art I could have made during that time!

Everything seems to be working now but Im so jaded by the whole experience of my unwanted IT school that I barely want to make anything.  Vista has almost destroyed my faith in all things digital...

Im just glad I gave my parents a MAC to spare them of this misery...

So I emplore you...Get a MAC...you can run Windows on it anyway just for "good times"

No comments:

Post a Comment